New York City Chapter Event
NEW PROGRAM! TTN ZOOM SALON I: SYSTEMIC RACISM AND WHITE PRIVILEGE: HOW WE GOT TO WHERE WE ARE NOWWednesday, August 12, 2020, 1‑2:30pm EDT
Location: Online Webinar - Zoom ID sent 72 hours prior to event
Restricted to members only
This event is SOLD OUT!
Contact: Betty Rauch
This event is full. Click here to join the waitlist for an add-on discussion group if there is sufficient interest.
Zoom Salons are facilitated small-group discussions designed to allow members to learn, share, and discuss the many different sides of complicated and thorny issues that dominate today’s headlines, and they may take attendees out of their comfort zone. The discussion will encourage participants toward action and impact as individuals or as a TTN initiative. While the topics themselves will stay away from politics, there may be times when the current political landscape or political history will need to enter the discussion to provide context. We invite you to join us for these thought-provoking Salons.
Prerequisite readings and videos for Zoom Salon I:- Bryan Stevenson TED Talk https://www.ted.com/talks/bryan_stevenson_we_need_to_talk_about_an_injustice
- Washington Post: I’m a Black Doctor: I Wear My Scrubs Everywhere Now
- The Gaps between While and Black America, In Charts
Upcoming Zoom Salons (registrants for Zoom Salon I will have priority registration for upcoming Zoom Salons.
Zoom Salon II
UNPACKING SYSTEMIC RACISM AND WHITE PRIVILEGE
Prerequisite readings and videos for Zoom Salon II TBA
Zoom Salon III
BEYOND THE BOOKCLUB: ADDRESSING RACISM AND INEQUALITY WITH ACTION
Prerequisite readings and videos for Zoom Salon III TBA
- This Zoom event will have a host and be a discussion among the attendees
- You will receive an email meeting confirmation as usual and then a separate email with a link to the Zoom webinar two days before the webinar. If you do not receive the link, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upcoming Zoom Salons (registrants for Zoom Salon I will have priority registration for upcoming Zoom Salons.
- Click here if you need help with how to take part in a Zoom meeting.