Welcome to THE Chicago Chapter
The Chicago Chapter encompasses the greater Chicago area, including the city of Chicago, and surrounding suburbs. You may reach Co-chairs Emma Kalaidjian and Delanne McCormick by email: email@example.com
Check out upcoming events by clicking on the Calendar link in the left-hand column
of this page. For more information about the Chicago Chapter or if you'd like to receive our newsletters, please contact Co-chairs Delanne McCormick (L) or Emma Kalaidjian (R) at ChicagoChapter@thetransitionnetwork.org . We're all about:
- Building a network of active, intellectually curious, mature women with a variety of backgrounds and experiences--both in Chicago and around the country.
- Continuing to learn (and teach) new skills for our personal development
- Exploring challenges in our lives that transitions bring, for support and for growth and adventure
- Sharing common interests through enriching and enjoyable activities and cultural events
- Creating special interest groups, in which members meet regularly to engage in a common interest--such as books, movies, dining at ethnic restaurants, photography, and travel
Our members come from all over the city of Chicago and suburbs, representing diverse backgrounds, professions and interests.
General InformationNew members are always welcome! Membership is not required to attend most programs and activities. Membership is required to form and participate in Peer Groups. Annual dues for members are $100. Please check out our activities and join us!
Recent Programs and Events
Chicago Co-Chairs Del McCormick and Emma Kalaidjian were interviewed about TTN on January 14, 2012 on the WGN Bill Moller Radio Show. Click here: /pdf/EmmaandDelWGNchicago.mp3 to listen.We’ve had some great programs and fascinating speakers! These have included Financial Strategies during Career Transition, Increase Your Memory and Creativity, Workshop on Skin Care and Make-up, “Dreamboards”, four theater performances, a visit to the Field Museum's Masterpieces of Ancient Jewelry and the Alvin Ailey American Dance Company’s 50th Anniversary performance. Click here to view and register for upcoming Events.
We have two book clubs (on the north shore and the near north side of Chicago), movie group, transitions discussion group, and an artisans' group. We have planning groups in the western and northwestern suburbs to create events convenient to our members and friends in these areas.
Click here to check out Peer Groups.
We welcome your ideas for new programs, speakers, activities, events and Peer Groups.