Where Our Dues Go
January 13, 2020By Victoria Weill-Hagai
Thank you for being a member of the New York City Chapter of The Transition Network!
You must already know the joy of connecting with other women and supporting each other through transition.
Your dues play an important role in supporting TTN nationally and locally.
Most of your dues go to cover legal, regulatory, and operating expenses at the National level.
Therefore, our local chapter relies on event fees to fund our programs (renting a room, refreshments, water, etc.), operating costs, and one part-time administrator (all other work is done by you, volunteers).
Most of TTN’s signature benefits are free to Members:
- Peer groups, where groups of women meet regularly to discuss topics they choose, and to make connections with other members.
- Caring Collaborative, where members share information and personal experiences, and support each other when medical issues arise. Neighborhood Groups, and on-line health information exchange.
- Special Interest groups, including those related to books, dining, culture, travel, dance, music, and the arts, among others.
- Weekly eblasts detailing all events, lectures, workshops, tours, volunteer opportunities and more.
- Monthly newsletters on TTN doings, events, and Caring Collaborative articles onhealth and well-being.
As a member you also receive
- Preferred member rates, on Life Transition workshops, lectures, webinar series, mingles, and more.
- Invites to Members-only events.
We hope you are discovering what's important to you at this stage of your life and that TTN-NYC can contribute to your experience through our many benefits and events.
We also invite you to join a committee to keep TTN-NYC the most valuable to you.